Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm pretty fond of Germany in general. Especially after speaking with Germans about the differences between their country and mine. I know everyone hates the whole "enlightened student abroad" thing, but there's a lot I like about Germany. Something about it that suits my personality. 

Believe me, I'll always enjoy driving my CRV, shopping on Sundays, and having 24/7 access to supermarkets. But I'll miss Hamburg's abundant bike paths, the metro announcer voice, the cool weather, the harbor, lakes, and canals, and (most importantly) the 19-cent yogurts. I'd trade America's high fructose corn syrup subsidy for Germany's dairy product subsidy any day of the week.

And of course the inexpensive beer and wine! Natuerlich.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tom! I didn't know you were studying in Germany. Are you still there? Do you like it? I just went to Berlin this weekend and it was VERY interesting!! Hope you're having a blast! -- Dhara

    ReplyDelete